CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Hello to you

My pedometer thinks I'm evil. It tells me I have done 6606 steps today. That apparently counts as 'healthy' though, so I won't get too paranoid about it. I did 13800, or 5.2 miles, yesterday too. I always knew shopping was good for you.

So I started Weight Watchers last month, nearly three weeks ago now. I started at 12 st 7.5lb, pretty bad since I'm only 4' 10.5" tall (not that 'tall' is a particularly appropriate word!). At my last weigh-in, I was 12st 3.5lb. I keep thinking of long-term goals - the original one was to lose 3 stone by September, which is certainly doable. Although, since I lost 3 pounds last week, and if I lose 3 pounds again this week, that will be half a stone. So I've been thinking that if I keep up the same pace and lose half a stone every three weeks, I will have lost the 3 stone by mid-June. Which would be nice.

My mum keeps saying how proud she is of me, bless her. I've been meaning to start a weight-loss plan for, well, years now, and I'm feeling quite optimistic now that I've finally started. It's really not as hard as I thought it would be either - it's more about changing habits (like my epic snack habit) than giving up the foods I like, so it doesn't feel like I'm making big sacrifices. Though I have been craving a curry and a peshwari naan lately ...

0 comments: