CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday 16 March 2010

A weekend away

At the weekend, we went up to the Lake District for a family get-together. It was really lovely - my parents had rented a gorgeous place called Eskmeals House for a joint celebration of their Ruby Wedding and my Dad's 65th birthday. Various members of the extended family came up, and it was great to see everyone.



Lots of very yummy food and wine was consumed over the weekend - needless to say, the diet was put on hold for a few days! We had caterers on the Saturday night and had a dinner of soup, then beef, then sticky toffee pudding or pavlova, then cheese and biscuits, then a very full belly :P My brother-in-law made a cooked breakfast for all 20 of us the next morning too. Nom nom nom. I doubt very much that I have lost any weight at all this week ...

Here's how the dining room looked just before we left:





I wish I'd taken a photo of the room when it was full of food and people. I don't think folk would have taken too kindly to being photographed while eating though!

My boyfriend Simon and I had the top floor of one of the wings of the house to ourselves - a gorgeous bedroom and surely the warmest bathroom in the world.







I think we could very happily have lived at Eskmeals, but we did have to leave.







Bye-bye big house!

1 comments:

Sian said...

Wow! Stunning house! I reckon I could live there too lol
Glad you had a lovely weekend with your fam! :D